Twice a year, CUE holds an essential conference for Human Resources professionals, managers, and labor-relations specialists, and now it’s time for the CUE Fall 2017 Conference. The “Creating the Positive Employee Experience” CUE conference will be held October 15-17, 2016 in Indianapolis, Indiana and is an opportunity to hear and interact with experts from North America and across the globe. You also get an opportunity to do plenty of networking and will leave the conference with invaluable tools and suggestions for developing positive employee relations.
7 Quick Tips for Getting Maximum Benefits From The CUE Conference
1. Make use of the app – There is a CUE conference app that will allow you to check your schedule, connect with fellow attendees and interact with speakers.
2. Attend “Ask the Experts,” 3:15 pm Sunday afternoon – This is an open-panel Q&A featuring CUE experts who can and will answer any questions about anything (and yes they mean anything). Even if you don’t have any questions of your own, it’s worth it to come hear what your industry peers are itching to know. This time it’s moderated by Nick Kalm from Reputation Partners, and the panel is CUE members: Mark Stubley of Ogletree Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart; Mark Codd from Publix, Tanja Thompson of Littler Mendelson and yours truly, Walter Orechwa from Projections, Inc. < click right there if you want to send me questions in advance!
3. Attend the Day One General Sessions – The first general session is “The Relationship Comes First: Discovering the True Path to Employee Engagement” with Jason Lauritsen. Jason is described as “a corporate executive gone rogue.” Should fit right in with the group.
4. Make a plan for attending the concurrent sessions – The first three presentations on Monday and Tuesday start right after lunch. The programs repeat, allowing you to choose the best topics. Tip: if there are more than one of you attending from your company be sure to split up to share the knowledge later. After the concurrent sessions end at 3:30 p.m on Monday, you can choose one more wildcard topic on to finish out the day. On Tuesday, the afternoon brings everyone back together for a “Wrap-up” panel. Beware of the flying microphone cubes!
5. Get some Caffeine and Keep Going – After a full day of learning and networking the fun continues with the Monday night edition of the big event that’s usually on Tuesday, (don’t ask). This year we are all going to the Dallara IndyCar Factory. This is going to be a fun time had by all! Actual drinking plus virtual driving, I’m just saying…
6. Claim your credits – You can earn credits for SHRM Competencies and HR Certification Institute certification at the CUE Fall 2017 Conference.
7. Take advantage of all networking opportunities – There are numerous chances to network, and especially if you’re new, you should take advantage of every opportunity! You can mingle with attendees and speakers during breaks, lunch, Ask the Experts, concurrent sessions, the IndyCar Factory event, and even by using the conference app!
Developing positive employee relations is challenging in a multicultural and multi-generational workforce. The CUE conferences provide an excellent opportunity to gain the information you need to build and manage a consistently productive and engaged workforce. See you there!